Environment & Heritage
Down Under Surveys is committed to conducting its operations in an environmentally friendly manner with minimum risk to the environment or areas of cultural significance. To achieve this outcome we will do the following:
- Meet all environmental standards and regulations applicable to our area of operations.
- Ensure operations minimise hazards to the health and well-being of the local community, personnel, and native flora and fauna.
- Avoid pollution or unnecessary disturbance of the natural environment including land, air and water.
- Avoid disturbance to known sites of archaeological, cultural, natural or scientific significance.
- Manage our operations so as no to prejudice the interests of other legitimate land users.
- Conducting cultural awareness training where possible for all employees with local Indigenous communities.
- Ensure employees have the chance to do snake handling and other diverse courses so that they are involved and interested in the local flora and fauna.
- Ensure that all employees and sub-contractors are aware of their environmental responsibilities through inductions and other information and training.
- Reporting accidental damage or otherwise to the environment or heritage sites by our company, by other contractors or by the client’s staff.
- Report spills of hydrocarbon (Fuel or oils) or chemicals to DUS managements and to the mine site environmental officer. This is especially important when found in the water table when logging down a drill hole. This will help stop contamination of aquifer used for drinking water on stations, local communities or townships.
- Ensure we drive on existing tracks and grid lines so that there is no impact on heritage sites or the environment.
- Monitoring the compliance of this policy and all environmental and heritage codes of practice.
We will plan, manage and continually improve our activities so as to minimize disturbance or other adverse effects on the natural, cultural and community environments in which we operate.
Preserving the Natural Environment
Down Under Surveys is committed to conducting its operations in an environmentally friendly manner.